Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Page Up/Down button in iPhoto albums doesn't work anymore. How do I fix that?

As of a couple months ago, I haven't been able to use the Page Up/ Down buttons to navigate through iPhoto Albums. It works in the Main Library Section and throughout the net while surfing pages.

But it just stopped functioning in the iPhoto albums. So I have to either press the arrow key over and over to search line by line within the album... or I can scroll all the way to the end and all the way back to the top.

How do I fix this or enable the page up/down buttons to work again?

I have a late 2015 iMac and I'm updated to macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Can't remember exactly when the buttons stopped working within the iPhoto albums. If it was the latest update or the last one or somewhere in between.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:01 AM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 10:01 AM in response to TheRealVerbz

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

The Page Up/Down button in iPhoto albums doesn't work anymore. How do I fix that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.