Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to make "Auto-change" in cell value?

Hi,

Is there a way to make cell value change as I fill it in? If I want to make cells' value become 90% of the value I type in is there a way to do it? in a single cell. Right now I have the cell formula as [number]*90%. But for every new cell that I create/copy with this formula and want to change the number, I will have to double click into the cell and change the [number], so I am just wondering if there is a way that I can just punch in the number and it will change that number to 90% of its value for me within the same cell.

Thank you so much :)

Thanpisit

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 12:01 AM

No.

A formula can change the value in the cell that contains the formula.

When you enter a value in a cell, that value replaces whatever was previously in the cell—in this case, it replaces the formula that was creating the value in the cell.

You can create a series of cells, with the first in the series empty, and the rest containing the formula (previous cell)*0.90

(0.90 will drop the final zero, but the results will still be the same.)

All cells containing values in columns C to G have the formula shown, with B2 replaced by the address of the cell immediatly to the left of the cell containing the formula.

Values in column B are entered directly. In each row, each cell in columns C to G contains a value that is 90% of the value in the cell to i=ts left.

Regards, Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 12:01 AM in response to thanpisit19

No.

A formula can change the value in the cell that contains the formula.

When you enter a value in a cell, that value replaces whatever was previously in the cell—in this case, it replaces the formula that was creating the value in the cell.

You can create a series of cells, with the first in the series empty, and the rest containing the formula (previous cell)*0.90

(0.90 will drop the final zero, but the results will still be the same.)

All cells containing values in columns C to G have the formula shown, with B2 replaced by the address of the cell immediatly to the left of the cell containing the formula.

Values in column B are entered directly. In each row, each cell in columns C to G contains a value that is 90% of the value in the cell to i=ts left.

Regards, Barry

Is there a way to make "Auto-change" in cell value?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.