Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t restore

I have a 7th gen iPad. It was restarting on its own. I tired hard reset many times and determined I’d just factory reset. After reset it got stuck in a boot loop and continued like that for 45 minutes until I finished updated iTunes. Plugged into iTunes to restore. iTunes says it’s extracting hardware and it loads up the blue progress bar completely but when it goes to restore the iPad my computer makes a sound like I disconnected the iPad cord but I haven’t touched it. Then it makes the “I’m plugged in” tone and immediately followed by the “I’m unplugged” tome and then I get error message 4013. I have tried hard reset beyond a dozen times. iTunes version up to date and my PC is up to date. iTunes version 12.12.3.5

I don’t know what to do at this point. iPad 7th gen

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 5:31 AM

Error 4013 points to a hardware issue, and the iPad needs to be serviced.

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

iPad won’t restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.