Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro screen damaged

i wonder what caused this? i think the damage is from inside the screen. how can i fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 1:40 AM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2022 9:08 AM in response to rooneeynury

Were I to hazard a guess, I'd say that looks like damage commonly seen after removing a screen protector. Most don't protect but produce costly damage instead.

What is the sub-model of your Macbook Pro? The part with a year, from "About this Mac,,,"

The reasons that sub-model is important to this discussion are two-fold:

• If a non-Retina model, older than Late 2012, affordable repair is possible with used/pulled parts. If a Retina model, the entire integrated display assembly must be replaced at a cost, based on user reports here, of US$500-650 (😳). The "glass" cannot be separately replaced in Retina Macbook Pros.
  • If the computer is too old, calling Apple will do no good. They will not work on models that are on their "Vintage & Obsolete" list.

See if your sub-model is listed as Vintage or Obsolete in this article:

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

macbook pro screen damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.