Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer from old mac to new mac

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro, and my present computer is a 2013 mac. What is the best way to transfer info from the old computer to the new, without bringing over all the bugs and applications I don't use,, etc.?I was told that I should do a tune-up on my old computer, costing roughly $200 + for someone to tune it up then do an automatic transfer. I am afraid to bring over old bugs, etc., to the new computer. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM

LJZee wrote:

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro, and my present computer is a 2013 mac. What is the best way to transfer info from the old computer to the new, without bringing over all the bugs and applications I don't use,, etc.?I was told that I should do a tune-up on my old computer, costing roughly $200 + for someone to tune it up then do an automatic transfer. I am afraid to bring over old bugs, etc., to the new computer. Any suggestions?

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

I have never had an issue using the Setup Assistant...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM in response to LJZee

LJZee wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

I have never had an issue using the Setup Assistant...

Transfer from old mac to new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.