Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a call with a recorded voice saying my iCloud has suspicious activity is this valid?

I just got a call with a recorded voice saying my iCloud has suspicious activity

is this valid?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:06 AM

App-2022 wrote:

I just got a call with a recorded voice saying my iCloud has suspicious activity
is this valid?

Nope. That’s a scam.

If Apple detects suspicious activity, they’ll lock you out of their servers and force a password reset, or other actions as appropriate. Not call you.

The only time Apple will call you is if you’ve requested a callback from them.

Calling telephone numbers are routinely faked / spoofed / forged too, so do not trust the calling numbers shown.

More info on some of the scams:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2022 10:06 AM in response to App-2022

App-2022 wrote:

is this valid?

Nope. That’s a scam.

If Apple detects suspicious activity, they’ll lock you out of their servers and force a password reset, or other actions as appropriate. Not call you.

The only time Apple will call you is if you’ve requested a callback from them.

Calling telephone numbers are routinely faked / spoofed / forged too, so do not trust the calling numbers shown.

More info on some of the scams:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I just got a call with a recorded voice saying my iCloud has suspicious activity is this valid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.