Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verifying "ecsvrmac.dlb"

For the past couple of weeks I have a persistent pop up that says Verifying "ecsvrmac.dlb"...

this never finishes the verification. I don't know if related to Norton 360. But I have the most current updates with Norton and have also applied the latest Montery 12.3.1 patches. I'm on a Mac mini 2018.

Any advice?

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:38 AM

Hey there Samisan,

Since running into this error, have you tried uninstalling the security app to check if the app is what's causing the issue? If not, we recommend doing this first to help isolate the issue.

If it persists, try booting your Mac in safe mode, which will prevent certain items from loading to help determine if this is software related.

To boot in safe mode, use the link below:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 8:38 AM in response to Samisan

Hey there Samisan,

Since running into this error, have you tried uninstalling the security app to check if the app is what's causing the issue? If not, we recommend doing this first to help isolate the issue.

If it persists, try booting your Mac in safe mode, which will prevent certain items from loading to help determine if this is software related.

To boot in safe mode, use the link below:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Take care!

Apr 21, 2022 3:47 PM in response to Gliders

Yes, removing Norton did solve the problem. I waited a few days and no reoccurrence so then I reinstalled Norton 360 and a few days later I'm now getting this error: Verifying "navexmac.dlb" which would also occur with the endlessly running: Verifying "ecsvrmac.dlb" pop-up. So looks like Norton needs to patch their stuff to get this fixed.

May 8, 2022 3:21 PM in response to Lars Kristensen

Alright, thanks so much all.

In case this helps, we noticed the same message pop up on our other desktop computer (which is on the same Norton account) **after** having an external thumb drive plugged in for a while. Usually the 2nd desktop doesn't have anything plugged in besides speakers, keyboard, and mouse.

The original computer where we had this problem has a couple of thumb drives plugged in almost always, as well as many other directly-plumbed things (two printers, Ethernet, a couple of multi-port dongles... basically a heavier load). For what it's worth.

Gonna get in touch with Norton now!

May 14, 2022 8:28 AM in response to ZenDirector

Unfortunately, I do not know, how Norton Support solved the problem. I had a chat conversation with them, and I gave them remote control of my computer. When the session was fulfilled, I was asked to restart the computer, and since then, I have not seen the notification. So my only advice is, that you can use the Norton Support Chat function to get help.

May 14, 2022 8:50 AM in response to Lars Kristensen

Unfortunately, I do not know, how Norton Support solved the problem. I had a chat conversation with them, and I gave them remote control of my computer. When the session was fulfilled, I was asked to restart the computer, and since then, I have not seen the notification. So my only advice is, that you can use the Norton Support Chat function to get help.

I do not know, if the log of the support activities can help anyone with more system insight than me?

If it is, please give me an address, so I can send it by mail or dropbox. It has too many characters to set in this message.

Verifying "ecsvrmac.dlb"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.