Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use 2 devices under different Apple IDs on same iTunes?

I have an iphone and an ipad and would like to sync both using my only laptop and iTunes. I use separate accounts (Apple IDs) across the two devices.

I have iTunes installed but not sure I can sync both devices as they all have separate accounts, apps, data, information, etc.

As you respond, kindly avoid responses like "use same ID on both devices" or "use different computers" as those may not address my question above.

Thank you community.

Peter

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 5:07 AM

In principle each device can have its own sync selections, either within the same library, or you could create different libraries for each device. Each device can be backed up separately regardless of the signed in Apple ID. If your computer is authorized for both IDs then it can transfer purchases from ether device, and you can copy protected content to it. There are drawbacks however. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for some background. In particular you'll only be able to download past content from one account for 90 days at a time. Apps haven't transferred from iTunes to device since iTunes 12.7 so that isn't an issue.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 5:07 AM in response to slimzzi

In principle each device can have its own sync selections, either within the same library, or you could create different libraries for each device. Each device can be backed up separately regardless of the signed in Apple ID. If your computer is authorized for both IDs then it can transfer purchases from ether device, and you can copy protected content to it. There are drawbacks however. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for some background. In particular you'll only be able to download past content from one account for 90 days at a time. Apps haven't transferred from iTunes to device since iTunes 12.7 so that isn't an issue.

tt2

Can I use 2 devices under different Apple IDs on same iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.