Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly requesting password still

My iPhone is still requesting my “new” password, that I didn’t even want to change, every few seconds. I have checked everything in the article that was posted for me and it is still doing it and it is now driving me mad!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

6 replies

Apr 7, 2022 3:51 AM in response to jem121

still requesting my “new” password,

When?

After you change your password?

If yes, see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

When you want to download an app?

If yes, see this Apple article: Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases

Require a password for App Store and iTunes purchases - Apple Support

Or may be you need to check your payment method, see the following Apple articles:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

-> You may need to have a payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free. 

Check which payment method you have on file and make sure it hasn't expired, been declined or failed.

Apr 7, 2022 5:31 AM in response to Raicya

None of those examples that you quote. I’ve checked everything, all devices, I’ve now checked my payment details. Everything is in order. I entered the password again as requested then put my phone down, as soon as the screen went in to ‘standby’ I picked it up, woke the screen up and there on settings, yet again, it was asking for my password to get into iCloud details. It’s not happening on other devices just my XR phone! Why?

Constantly requesting password still

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.