Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Mac Mail, the mailboxes shown in "Move" menu bar dropdown don't match left column order

In Mac Mail I have three email accounts: an iCloud account, Exchange account and VPS email account. While I can reorder the accounts in the left hand menu, they are fixed and can't be adjusted in their view under the top bar "Move" menu dropdown bar. Ideally it would dynamically match what is in the left hand menu. Can't see how the order in the "Move" menu is even determined. It is not based on order in which account was added. 

Anyone have success getting control over the order of the accounts in this drop down menu?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 5:55 AM

FWIW, I have six active email accounts. The move menu reflects their order. If I change the account order the move order does not change. So it appears what you see is normal.

I suppose you could send Apple feedback about having the move order change dynamically.

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 11, 2022 8:10 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks dialabrian for confirming you see the same thing. Gotta say I'm not sure why "Apple recommended" your comment, I've been using the Feedback to submit this for a couple years as well as discuss with a senior advisor on the phone to no avail, but sure Apple, the recommendation is just to sit around a way for nothing to happen for perpetuity.

In Mac Mail, the mailboxes shown in "Move" menu bar dropdown don't match left column order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.