📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces AirPods 4 and the world’s first all-in-one hearing health experience with AirPods Pro 2. Learn more >

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left airpod pro popping/clicking

My left airpod clicks only in transparency/noise cancellation modes which I use for the majority of the time. Doesn’t happen in normal mode but does happen across multiple devices so the AirPods are the issue not the device connected. I have also tried resetting the AirPods with them in the case and trying again but this hasn’t resolved the issue.

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 6:26 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 8, 2022 8:26 AM in response to ByronHarris

Hello ByronHarris,

You mentioned that you have already reset your AirPods and tried reconnecting them to both your iPhone and iPad. This was a great isolation step! It definitely tells you that the issue is with your AirPods and not the device to which you have them paired. 

When you reset them, did you put them both in the case and close the lid for at least 30 seconds as outlined in this article? 

If your left or right AirPod isn't working

I’m asking because it looks like this resolved the exact issue for some of your fellow Apple Support Communities users. Check it out:

AirPod Pro popping sound

I suggest giving that reset one more shot, and if you still hear that clicking sound, contact Apple Support for options.

Contact Apple Support

Good luck!

Left airpod pro popping/clicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.