Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk Mail Folder in Email Not There on iPhone

Hi, I'm actually trying to help my father-in-law with his iPhone 8SE. I was all over his phone settings and email and searching online and couldn't seem to find an answer as to why it just wouldn't be there at all. He doesn't have a junk email folder on his mailbox on his iPhone, like not there at all, I expanded the mailbox folders and searched all over. He is missing lots of important messages, and getting super frustrated. The people he's missing messages from don't appear to be blocked or anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:09 AM

First check there is not a folder called Spam or Junk!

If this is a third party email provider like Google or Microsoft he should delete the account, restart the phone, then add the account back

He will not lose any emails.

Settings, Mail, Accounts, tap the account and delete it

Turn phone right off then restart it.

Settings, Mail Accounts, add account

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 9:09 AM in response to ajblack7281

First check there is not a folder called Spam or Junk!

If this is a third party email provider like Google or Microsoft he should delete the account, restart the phone, then add the account back

He will not lose any emails.

Settings, Mail, Accounts, tap the account and delete it

Turn phone right off then restart it.

Settings, Mail Accounts, add account

Junk Mail Folder in Email Not There on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.