Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older Macbook Pro, 13", mid 2012 and have been running Final Cut Pro X on it successfully for years. Recently, I upgraded my OS to Catalina and, now, cannot run FCPX without upgrading to 11.5.1 or later. The problem is I cannot find or up

I have an older Macbook Pro, 13", mid 2012 and have been running Final Cut Pro X on it successfully for years. Recently, I upgraded my OS to Catalina and, now, cannot run FCPX without upgrading to 11.5.1 or later. The problem is I cannot find or upgrade to this 11.5.1. The app store does not show this particular upgrade to. Basically, I’m now out of using FCPX. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 10:23 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Apr 7, 2022 11:20 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, I went ahead and found FCP in Finder. I then dragged it to the trash. Success. I went back to the app store and now I saw the cloud download button. I clicked on it and got a pop-up that says, "Final Cut Pro can't be installed on "Macintosh HD" because macOS version of 11.5.1 or later is required." So, I'm back to square one because I cannot locate version 11.5.1. But then you wrote this: "“In addition: according to Mactracker, your 2012 mac cannot run Big Sur, so Catalina 10.15.7 is the last OS that supports it.” So it appears my old Mac is preventing me from now using FCP? What do you suggest? Is there a workaround here I can use to get an older version of FCP back installed on this Mac so I can use FCP again?

I have an older Macbook Pro, 13", mid 2012 and have been running Final Cut Pro X on it successfully for years. Recently, I upgraded my OS to Catalina and, now, cannot run FCPX without upgrading to 11.5.1 or later. The problem is I cannot find or up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.