Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not transferering to flash drive

I am transferring photos to a formatted FAT32 flash drive. 975 of the 1007 photos transferred with no issued. The remaining, will not transfer. It is only 8.9 mb of size, similar size to other photos I have transferred. Used with a camera that others photos had transferred. I cant find a rhyme or reason for this. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is, or how to fix it. The flash drive still has 7.74 GB of space left.

And also, is there a way to keep the order the photos appear in mac's photos app the same on the flash drive that I dont know about? I see you can arrange the order by date created, last opened, etc., but nothing to keep it in same order as it is in the photo app.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 2:00 PM

Hi

As a test, try exporting first to a folder on the system drive (say a temp folder on your desktop). Then copy from there to the USB stick.

There has been a bug around regarding exporting directly to windows formatted external drives. Not sure what version of MacOS it relates to.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 7, 2022 3:01 PM in response to brenowden

No "strange" filenames, just simple low-ASCII with no umlauts etc? Mac with the usual case-insensitive filesystem? No >4GB files? Do the offending images copy to their own folders? Have you formatted as FAT (MBR partition scheme) on the Mac, not on Windows? Tried another flash drive?

> is there a way to keep the order the photos appear in mac's photos app the same on the flash drive

Put the date to the filename as 2022-0408-1234-56.jpg or something like that. Let a 3rd party app also adjust file creation & modification dates and EXIF dates the same so they sort by date no matter what.

Photos not transferering to flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.