Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming Video

All of a sudden I'm unable to see video across multiple streaming websites and multiple browsers. I have tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox. In all cases, the video will play, I can hear the sound, but the screen is either all white or all black depending on the browser. I have tried this with Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+ and Paramount+. I have tried installing all updates, restarting the computer, and clearing caches, but nothing seems to work. I'm able to stream from these same providers on my iPad and phone, just not my MacBook Air (2015). Any thoughts?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:00 PM

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support is obviously written for Safari, but its principles are equally applicable to other browsers.

It may be instructive if you were to create a new, temporary User Account for the sole purpose of determining if the problem occurs in that Account also: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

You can delete that Account when you are finished troubleshooting: Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 3:00 PM in response to JillSmith47

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support is obviously written for Safari, but its principles are equally applicable to other browsers.

It may be instructive if you were to create a new, temporary User Account for the sole purpose of determining if the problem occurs in that Account also: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

You can delete that Account when you are finished troubleshooting: Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support.

Streaming Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.