Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive compatibility issue with MacBook Pro?

I have a MacBook Pro 2011 with High Sierra My computer would no longer recognize my GDrive so I was told by Apple to get another. I got the ArmorATD hardrive but it still will not recognize hard drvie. Help?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:33 PM

I did just try on another mac - no good - you are correct. Now I need to find a place that does data retrieval for G-Drives. I presently kept the two back ups in Time Machine - dumb question here..... when I backed the entire computer up on ArmorATD (took 5 hours), dis that automatically back up all that was on the old back up even though not plugged in? I assume all is in the mac? Or not? Many thanks in advance...

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 7:33 PM in response to tjk

I did just try on another mac - no good - you are correct. Now I need to find a place that does data retrieval for G-Drives. I presently kept the two back ups in Time Machine - dumb question here..... when I backed the entire computer up on ArmorATD (took 5 hours), dis that automatically back up all that was on the old back up even though not plugged in? I assume all is in the mac? Or not? Many thanks in advance...

Hard drive compatibility issue with MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.