Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update check

hello... i have a problem with my iPhone 11 since i bought it and i can't check for update or download and install it through the phone i always got this error message when i try to check for the update "Unable to check for Update" ( An error occurred while checking for a software update. )

so any idea why i never can check, download or install the update through the phone? why i always can only update it from the iTunes?

please if there's any solution i'd be happy to know it .

Thanks for understanding and caring and i'm waiting for ur reply as soon as possible.

My best regards .

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:43 PM

BaRaZiLy Said:

"update check: hello... i have a problem with my iPhone 11 since i bought it and i can't check for update or download and install it through the phone i always got this error message when i try to check for the update "Unable to check for Update" ( An error occurred while checking for a software update. )[...]"

-------

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

You have a compatible device(iPhone 11). Updating it will only go so far. So, perform the update. If anything is avaiable, it will install, sure enough.

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 8:43 PM in response to BaRaZiLy

BaRaZiLy Said:

"update check: hello... i have a problem with my iPhone 11 since i bought it and i can't check for update or download and install it through the phone i always got this error message when i try to check for the update "Unable to check for Update" ( An error occurred while checking for a software update. )[...]"

-------

Updating your iPhone:

Update Using a Computer:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

You have a compatible device(iPhone 11). Updating it will only go so far. So, perform the update. If anything is avaiable, it will install, sure enough.

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update.

update check

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.