Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my HomePod mini to my iMac?

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:43 PM

One you have Set up HomePod it will appear in your Home app. You can use the Home app on your Mac to interact with HomePod (presuming that both are on your Wi-Fi network).

You can use media apps to send audio to the HomePod, for example the Music app can send music via AirPlay to the HomePod.

3 replies

Apr 9, 2022 12:19 PM in response to David McKinlay

I bought this thing about a year ago to use as a Bluetooth external speaker with my iMac. It sounds pretty good but the user experience is very frustrating. It frequently won't play. Usually I can get it going (somehow, not usually clear what the problem is or how I get it working again. I have kept up with the firmware updates and all the Software Updates. Had hoped one of those might help but not really. Last week I could not get it going no matter what I tried. This led to my query above. Tried unplugging it, reset from the Home App. After reading here, for the first time I tried "remove". It looked a little different (new name?) after reinstall so I was initially hopeful but could not get sound from my iMac to the device. The sound would stop on the iMac but not play on the HomePod. Gave up and went to bed. In the morning it was working as if nothing ever happened. Very frustrating gadget, not like most of my Apple experiences over the last ~35 years. Hmm, I guess there have been a few but...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.