Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iMac 24. Can I use the HomePod mini with the iMac?

Just purchased a HomePod mini. How do I set it up to use with an iMac24?

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:17 PM

Popcyclepete wrote:

Assuming that you've already setup the HomePod mini on the same WiFi/LAN as your iMac using the same Apple ID, you've got a few ways to use the HomePod with the iMac.

1. Connect the HomePod mini as your iMac's default speaker: Speaker/Sound icon in Menu Bar > [select HomePod] or System Preferences... > Sound [tab = Output]
  2. Use the HomePod mini as an AirPlay speaker for specific media playback: From any audio app > click AirPlay icon [select HomePod]
  3. Control HomePod mini or adjust Settings using the Home app (assuming you told Siri to play music or whatever locally on the HomePod).
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 3:17 PM in response to Popcyclepete

Popcyclepete wrote:

Assuming that you've already setup the HomePod mini on the same WiFi/LAN as your iMac using the same Apple ID, you've got a few ways to use the HomePod with the iMac.

1. Connect the HomePod mini as your iMac's default speaker: Speaker/Sound icon in Menu Bar > [select HomePod] or System Preferences... > Sound [tab = Output]
  2. Use the HomePod mini as an AirPlay speaker for specific media playback: From any audio app > click AirPlay icon [select HomePod]
  3. Control HomePod mini or adjust Settings using the Home app (assuming you told Siri to play music or whatever locally on the HomePod).

I have a iMac 24. Can I use the HomePod mini with the iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.