Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email bounces back but gmail is successfully sent

I had a Google workspace account with multiple custom domain emails. (Godaddy)

I recently deleted my workspace account and setup email forwarding through Godaddy to my new iCloud account. 

Now if I send an email to me@mydomain.com from a gmail account it is correctly forwarded to my new me@icloud.com, but if an email is sent from an iCloud account to me@mydomain.com it is bounced back with this message:

This is a system-generated message to inform you that your email could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. Details of the email and the error are as follows:

Mail Delivery System 

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

<me@mydomain.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[142.250.141.27] said: 550-5.1.1

The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try

550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or

550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1

https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser

x4-20020a17090a970400b001c6f8962d27si2465783pjo.116 - gsmtp (in reply to

RCPT TO command)

I don’t understand how sending an email from gmail (or possibly other mail servers) works, but sending from an iCloud account is bounced back by what looks to be Google.

I’m not super familiar with DNS records, but I believe they are setup correctly to perform the email forwarding through Godaddy. Maybe I am missing a record that iCloud (and maybe others) needs. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 2:36 PM

I contacted Apple Support and talked to them for over an hour. We tried many different things. Nothing helped.

I gave up on trying to get this to work and just switched over to using a dedicated email forwarding service.

Thanks for the help.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 8, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Avlis1111

Greetings, Avlis1111.

Are you able to send any mail using your iCloud account? If not, verify that your Mail settings are correct: Mail - Official Apple Support

You can also test iCloud Mail on another device: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices  Testing on another device can help to isolate the issue and determine your next steps.

We hope this helps! 

Sincerely.

iCloud email bounces back but gmail is successfully sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.