Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the videos and pictures took all my phone's memory even I have 2 tb iCloud storage?

Why the videos and pictures took all my phone's memory even I have 2 tb iCloud storage?

I have iPhone 12 Pro Max 512 gb with 2tb iCloud storage plan. I also have a 32 gb 6 generation iPad. I have turned on iCloud storage on both device. The iPad have no problem accepting 400 gb of videos and pictures but not my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I just couldn't figure it out why. Someone said that you could toggle the iCloud button from setting from left to right couple times to fix the problem but for some reason the uploading process of some videos and pictures seem like never finish. Can someone help me to fix the problem I would be really appreciated, thank you.

(First image is the iPhone storage, second image is the icloud storage at the iPhone device and the third image is the never finish uploading items to the icoud at the iPhone 12 pro max device)

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:38 PM

Scott1077 Said:

"Why the videos and pictures took all my phone's memory even I have 2 tb iCloud storage?: I have turned on iCloud storage on both device. The iPad have no problem accepting 400 gb of videos and pictures but not my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I just couldn't figure it out why.[...]"

-------

Why the Consumed Space?:

Because they are downloaded. So, enable Photos in iCloud settings. Once all has been uploaded, delete these from the device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 8:38 PM in response to Scott1077

Scott1077 Said:

"Why the videos and pictures took all my phone's memory even I have 2 tb iCloud storage?: I have turned on iCloud storage on both device. The iPad have no problem accepting 400 gb of videos and pictures but not my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I just couldn't figure it out why.[...]"

-------

Why the Consumed Space?:

Because they are downloaded. So, enable Photos in iCloud settings. Once all has been uploaded, delete these from the device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.