Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone

How can I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:03 PM

JimmyLee1971 Said:

"How can I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone?"

-------

Recovering Deleted Messages:

What to Consider:

A. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that contains these messages, and you could recover them.

B. Check Messages App:

If messages was enabled on your iPhone along with your Apple computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on your Mac to see if it exists in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection.

Elsewise, if they're gone, they're gone. That's just the way it is :(

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2022 9:03 PM in response to JimmyLee1971

JimmyLee1971 Said:

"How can I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone?"

-------

Recovering Deleted Messages:

What to Consider:

A. Restore from Today's Backup:

Restore your iPhone from a backup of it that contains these messages, and you could recover them.

B. Check Messages App:

If messages was enabled on your iPhone along with your Apple computer, then check and see if the Messages app is enabled on your Mac to see if it exists in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection.

Elsewise, if they're gone, they're gone. That's just the way it is :(

How do I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.