Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large album cover not displaying

When I CRTL click on the small preview of the album cover. It used to display the large album cover. It is showing a blank (transparent) square but no album cover. How can I fix this? I'm running iTunes 12.12.3.5 on a Windows PC (Windows 10 PC, version19044.1586).

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:57 AM

I have some scripts that can potentially help with saving any of your current artwork. The scripts have slightly different functions:

CreateFolderArt ensures that every album folder ends up with a Folder.jpg image which is the art that iTunes already knows about. Side effects are that if artwork has been updated in iTunes the folder art should be updated also, and if any track from the album doesn't have embedded artwork it gets embedded.

EmbedFolderArt was actually written for someone who already had various artwork images stored in the album folders and wanted them added to their tracks, but not if iTunes had already downloaded a better quality image. It creates new files of any store art with the name iTunesArt.jpg, then embeds the largest image by area in the album's folder, based on the premise that this is likely to be the best image.

EmbediTunesArt is an alternative for when your library might have tracks from different albums in the same folder. It creates a new folder called Artwork in the same location as the script and saves any images it finds in the form <Album Artist> - <Album>.<Ext>

And yes, you could simply rename existing Album Artwork folder to say Album Artwork (Old) and see if rebuilding the cache helps. If it doesn't delete the new folder and rename the old one to restore it.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 9:57 AM in response to roy283

I have some scripts that can potentially help with saving any of your current artwork. The scripts have slightly different functions:

CreateFolderArt ensures that every album folder ends up with a Folder.jpg image which is the art that iTunes already knows about. Side effects are that if artwork has been updated in iTunes the folder art should be updated also, and if any track from the album doesn't have embedded artwork it gets embedded.

EmbedFolderArt was actually written for someone who already had various artwork images stored in the album folders and wanted them added to their tracks, but not if iTunes had already downloaded a better quality image. It creates new files of any store art with the name iTunesArt.jpg, then embeds the largest image by area in the album's folder, based on the premise that this is likely to be the best image.

EmbediTunesArt is an alternative for when your library might have tracks from different albums in the same folder. It creates a new folder called Artwork in the same location as the script and saves any images it finds in the form <Album Artist> - <Album>.<Ext>

And yes, you could simply rename existing Album Artwork folder to say Album Artwork (Old) and see if rebuilding the cache helps. If it doesn't delete the new folder and rename the old one to restore it.

tt2

Large album cover not displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.