Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone12 will not back up and I have enough storage on ICloud, but it keeps telling me I don’t. How can I get it to back up?

My phone will not backup, it keeps telling me I dot have enough space, however I have plenty of space. How can I get it to backup?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:39 AM

If you have 5 GB storage, it is possible that it won't back up. Make sure you have enough iCloud storage to backup.

You can check how much storage is needed for the next backup by going to Settings> Name (Apple ID) > iCloud > Manage Storage> Backups > then choose the device you want to back up. There you can see the "Last Backup (Time of the last Backup), Backup Size (the size of your recent backup), and the Next Backup Size" (Here is the article from Apple)

If you see that the next backup of your phone is about 6GB (if you have 5GB plan), it won't let you backup your phone because you don't have enough storage left on your iCloud storage. However, you can subscribe to iCloud+ for additional storage and other services from iCloud+. In addition, if you have enough storage for the next backup, try to restart your iPhone or your Data Connection or WiFI.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:39 AM in response to J0269

If you have 5 GB storage, it is possible that it won't back up. Make sure you have enough iCloud storage to backup.

You can check how much storage is needed for the next backup by going to Settings> Name (Apple ID) > iCloud > Manage Storage> Backups > then choose the device you want to back up. There you can see the "Last Backup (Time of the last Backup), Backup Size (the size of your recent backup), and the Next Backup Size" (Here is the article from Apple)

If you see that the next backup of your phone is about 6GB (if you have 5GB plan), it won't let you backup your phone because you don't have enough storage left on your iCloud storage. However, you can subscribe to iCloud+ for additional storage and other services from iCloud+. In addition, if you have enough storage for the next backup, try to restart your iPhone or your Data Connection or WiFI.

My Iphone12 will not back up and I have enough storage on ICloud, but it keeps telling me I don’t. How can I get it to back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.