Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The address bar in Safari on my new iPad Air 5 is now black

All of a sudden my Safari bookmarks are getting scrambled across all my devices. And the address bar in Safari on my new iPad Air 5 is now black and I hate that. Anyone else having these issues?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 7:49 AM

Are you by any chance in Private mode? Tap on the 4 squares icon in the top right corner. then tap on Private, and then on any other tab group there to exit private mode.

Private mode all make the address bark dark gray.

As to your bookmarks scrambled, how are they scrambled exactly? What are you seeing?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 7:49 AM in response to nancyfromsterling

Are you by any chance in Private mode? Tap on the 4 squares icon in the top right corner. then tap on Private, and then on any other tab group there to exit private mode.

Private mode all make the address bark dark gray.

As to your bookmarks scrambled, how are they scrambled exactly? What are you seeing?

Apr 8, 2022 10:30 AM in response to Phil0124

Thank you Phil. I was in Private mode. As far as the bookmark trouble. My iPad Air 5 stopped syncing bookmarks with my 2019 iMac. I've checked all my iCloud settings and just can't figure why. I've manually set up my Favorites bar in Safari on the iPad now. I use that the most and when it's all scrambled and not in the order I like I get really ******! Small thing I know. Thank you for all your help. Warmest regards. Nancy

The address bar in Safari on my new iPad Air 5 is now black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.