Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air m1 scren mirroring issues to apple tv

my new MacBook Air M1 with Monterey 12.3.1. has issue when screen mirroring to my Apple TV. the mirror image is very small. Does anyone know how to fix this issue, I have tried several things and nothing seems to work. did not have this issue on my 2017 MacBook Air.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 3:49 PM

the mirror image is very small.

Do you mean cropped/zoomed in, or maybe surrounded by letterbox and/or pillarbox black.

Is the Apple TV connected to a TV, or something else (e.g. monitor, projector)? What is its native resolution?

Instead or screen mirroring, try in-app AirPlay controls in the TV app, in QuickTime Player, or in Safari.

What are you trying to stream? Is the content less than screen filling? If not, can you try something that is screen filling?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 3:49 PM in response to CAbeachbum58

the mirror image is very small.

Do you mean cropped/zoomed in, or maybe surrounded by letterbox and/or pillarbox black.

Is the Apple TV connected to a TV, or something else (e.g. monitor, projector)? What is its native resolution?

Instead or screen mirroring, try in-app AirPlay controls in the TV app, in QuickTime Player, or in Safari.

What are you trying to stream? Is the content less than screen filling? If not, can you try something that is screen filling?

macbook air m1 scren mirroring issues to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.