Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't type @ sign on US keyboard with Swedish input

Hi

I have a macbook with US keyboard layout. I use an external keyboard with Swedish layout. The input source is set to Swedish.

How do I type the @ sign?

☺️

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 12:39 PM

Niel wrote:

Option+' on the Swedish one, and Option+\ if you're using the Swedish layout on an USA keyboard.

I think you are using the old "Swedish" for that combination. The "Swedish" in Monterey has it on option 2. Why Apple changed its input source names is a mystery.

Is Monterey Missing the "Swedish Pro" Key… - Apple Community

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 12:39 PM in response to Niel

Niel wrote:

Option+' on the Swedish one, and Option+\ if you're using the Swedish layout on an USA keyboard.

I think you are using the old "Swedish" for that combination. The "Swedish" in Monterey has it on option 2. Why Apple changed its input source names is a mystery.

Is Monterey Missing the "Swedish Pro" Key… - Apple Community

Apr 8, 2022 12:41 PM in response to robertnorgren

robertnorgren wrote:

Hi

I have a macbook with US keyboard layout. I use an external keyboard with Swedish layout. The input source is set to Swedish.

How do I type the @ sign?

☺️

Option 2 with Apple's Swedish (known as Swedish Pro before MacOS 12) input source active. If you have the input source "Swedish Legacy" active, it is on the key mentioned by Niel.

Can't type @ sign on US keyboard with Swedish input

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.