You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem deleting all emails

On my iphone 13, when I want to delete all emails, after selecting edit, "select all" doesn't appear. The area where it should be is blank. It worked fine until a few days ago and then just disappeared. This is only happening with one of my email accounts. How do I get the select all back?

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 11:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2022 12:46 PM in response to aryals

Hello Aryals,

We understand that the "Select All" option is missing when you're trying to delete your emails on your iPhone.

We've provided some steps below that may be able to assist you with this issue:

Restart your iPhone

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

iPhone X and later
1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. 
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (Be sure to secure your data with a backup)

Let us know if this helps. Be safe and well!

problem deleting all emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.