Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot password my note

Hi, I forgot the password of my note. I ask you to help me recover the password

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 12:07 PM

11 replies

Apr 8, 2022 12:27 PM in response to Kamran_outline

No. Apple does not track/maintain these secured notes passwords and cannot help in this matter.

Reset your notes password if you forgot it

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Ref: How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 8, 2022 12:43 PM in response to Kamran_outline

Yes, it has happened to other people. But since this is a local password in the security enclave there is no way for Apple to intervene and help you recover it. As a local passcode any system put in place to recover it could also be used by any hacker who has access to your unlocked iPhone making the password worthless as a security measure. To address this Apple added the ability to enter a password hint. You entered your name so I guess you intended that as some sort of hint to your password. You have one other possibility that is a long shot (but has worked for some people) you can find a hypnotherapist and see if they can help you recall the password.

forgot password my note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.