Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

studio display won't update

anyone else get a new studio display and it won't update? says try again ion an hour, or contact an authorized service provider. which seems really early for this to happen.

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 2:21 PM

5 replies

May 15, 2022 2:46 PM in response to wang67

Well, it's now May 15 and I figured I'd try to update.

Had to update my Mac mini first to 12.3.1 (I think... as you'll see, I don't have access to my Mac Mini at the moment 😉 )

Then tried to update monitor from 15.3 to 15.4. Update ran for a while then failed, got an error message onscreen saying go to support.apple.com/display/restore. That webpage says try to keep the update going by connecting your computer to another display... I only have the one now-bricked display. Called Apple, they said try typing in my admin password since the login screen should have been sitting there working behind that full screen error message. No change. Apple said the only option was to take it to the Apple Store. Took it over there. It's a nice Sunday. They're mobbed, told me I could get in line (virtually) and wait 2 hours. So, now I'm waiting to get a call from them and take the display over there again. Really hope they have the magic wand to get this thing working again. I mean, it's only a display...

May 16, 2022 12:34 PM in response to Paul Duke1

Well, I'm just following up to say the Apple Store got back to me in a few hours saying they had fixed and updated my monitor to 15.4. Given that Apple released 15.5 only this morning and my problem happened yesterday, maybe I ran into some conflict as the update was being updated. Anyway, I plan to wait a few days and make sure 15.5 is updating without issues for other people before I try it myself.

studio display won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.