Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone with new apple ID

I have a work phone with an existing Apple ID and just got a new personal phone with a different Apple ID. I am trying to log into apps like Facebook and it asks for my Apple password and appears to work and the. I receive an iTunes error. It asks for login and password but only lets me add password and then just kicks me back out. Do I need to remove all

of the apps from my other phone first. Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:01 PM

Unless you migrated the contents from one to the other, the two iPhones are completely separate.

If you did migrate, then you have a pile of apps associated with the other Apple ID, and the easiest way to deal with that is to either reset and start over as a new device, or delete all of the add on apps associated with the other Apple ID and re-download them.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:01 PM in response to RRR68

Unless you migrated the contents from one to the other, the two iPhones are completely separate.

If you did migrate, then you have a pile of apps associated with the other Apple ID, and the easiest way to deal with that is to either reset and start over as a new device, or delete all of the add on apps associated with the other Apple ID and re-download them.

New phone with new apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.