Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just tried to purchase Apple care for my new MacBook Pro but after putting in serial number it said it’s not covered? Why is this?

I have just tried to purchase Apple care for my new MacBook Pro but after putting in serial number it said it’s not covered? Why is this?

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:27 PM

Jul1971 wrote:

Verify you copy and paste the serial number, too easy to type in mistakes

>About this Mac

See if this makes it happen—

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your ...

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Update your proof of purchase

Contact Apple Support to update your Apple device information.

Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:27 PM in response to Jul1971

Jul1971 wrote:

Verify you copy and paste the serial number, too easy to type in mistakes

>About this Mac

See if this makes it happen—

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your ...

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Update your proof of purchase

Contact Apple Support to update your Apple device information.

Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

Apr 8, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Jul1971

AppleCare+ protection usually goes into effect immediately; however, it may take some time for your coverage details to propagate throughout all of Apple's systems.

You should have received an email with your agreement/policy number as well as the serial number of the device. Confirm that the serial number in the email matches the serial number for your device.

If you're still unable to confirm your policy and coverage details, try contacting Apple Support using the "Get Support" link at the top of this page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.