Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone repair

Does Apple provide replacements during repair service? My apple warranty is still good and repair fee is free. But didn't see an option for replacement right away??

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 10:30 AM

Not usually. The only exception I know of isn't really "repair" per se. I would be the AppleCare+ iPhone Express Replacement service. In that case a replacement device is sent along with a return label to send the damaged/defective iPhone. They will put a hold on a credit card for the replacement cost, and then remove the hold once the damaged/defective device is received. That way, there's no waiting for a device to be repaired. The damaged/defective device will then be repaired and made available for another customer.

iPhone Express Replacement - Apple Support

However, if you need a phone, your current SIM card should be able to work with another phone. Sometimes Apple provides a direct replacement at an Apple Store, but I'm not sure if it's possible to request it. Quite a few "repairs" are done this way, as well as occasionally in lieu of a repair that they can do in-store (like a battery or front screen replacement. Just make sure you have a working backup of your current iPhone and you should be fine. They might help transfer the data at an Apple Store, but there are no guarantees. I would always assume that I need a backup before bringing in a device for repair at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

What's the specific issue? Maybe that would give a better idea of whether or not it would be repaired or replaced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 10:30 AM in response to rylynn1217

Not usually. The only exception I know of isn't really "repair" per se. I would be the AppleCare+ iPhone Express Replacement service. In that case a replacement device is sent along with a return label to send the damaged/defective iPhone. They will put a hold on a credit card for the replacement cost, and then remove the hold once the damaged/defective device is received. That way, there's no waiting for a device to be repaired. The damaged/defective device will then be repaired and made available for another customer.

iPhone Express Replacement - Apple Support

However, if you need a phone, your current SIM card should be able to work with another phone. Sometimes Apple provides a direct replacement at an Apple Store, but I'm not sure if it's possible to request it. Quite a few "repairs" are done this way, as well as occasionally in lieu of a repair that they can do in-store (like a battery or front screen replacement. Just make sure you have a working backup of your current iPhone and you should be fine. They might help transfer the data at an Apple Store, but there are no guarantees. I would always assume that I need a backup before bringing in a device for repair at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

What's the specific issue? Maybe that would give a better idea of whether or not it would be repaired or replaced.

iPhone repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.