Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forticlient VPN on MacOS Monterey - How to get it to work?

Problem appeared after upgrading my comp (Early 2018 Macbook Pro) from Big Sur to Monterey (12.3.1).

Fortinet folks don't give much help, especially if it is just the free VPN only app. And some detailed ways to circumvent the offline downloader using Terminal (as given by some users here in the forum) maybe too complex for those who don't usually work with terminal/SUDO etc.

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:45 AM

The simplest solution I inadvertently stumbled into after trying different ways suggested by other users...was to simply uninstall Forticlient ( I had version 6.4.xxx on Big Sur) completely from my comp. There's an uninstaller that I had downloaded from Fortinet website many years ago (still works) that does a clean job. Can't find it now though, lucky I still had it. Or just follow the usual process of completely uninstalling the Forticlient app from your Mac on Monterey.

Make sure to take a screenshot of the VPN settings and keep it safe before uninstalling.

Then use the normal Forticlient (VPN only) free software downloaded from Forticlient's website (latest version 7.2.xxxx). Double click and follow through the process/steps as prompted. Set up the VPN from the screenshot u took earlier and it starts working. No problems at all.

No need for using complex terminal commands and searching for the installer in temporary files

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 1:45 AM in response to aPPlet-47

The simplest solution I inadvertently stumbled into after trying different ways suggested by other users...was to simply uninstall Forticlient ( I had version 6.4.xxx on Big Sur) completely from my comp. There's an uninstaller that I had downloaded from Fortinet website many years ago (still works) that does a clean job. Can't find it now though, lucky I still had it. Or just follow the usual process of completely uninstalling the Forticlient app from your Mac on Monterey.

Make sure to take a screenshot of the VPN settings and keep it safe before uninstalling.

Then use the normal Forticlient (VPN only) free software downloaded from Forticlient's website (latest version 7.2.xxxx). Double click and follow through the process/steps as prompted. Set up the VPN from the screenshot u took earlier and it starts working. No problems at all.

No need for using complex terminal commands and searching for the installer in temporary files

Forticlient VPN on MacOS Monterey - How to get it to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.