Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to put a contact message on the lock screen but I believe that is not possible. a user advised to put the message on a screensaver but I can find no facility for a screen saver. Help, please

I want to put a contact message on the lock screen of an iphone 13 mini - my first iphone -

but I believe that is not possible. A user advised to put the message on a screensaver but I can find no facility for a screen saver. Help, please

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 7:38 AM

There are a couple of considerations; you can have a contact message on the lock screen all the time, or you can post a message to the lock screen remotely if the phone is ever lost or stolen. For how to do that this is a good article to read→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you want a message on the lock screen all the time you first create your message, take a screen shot of it, then make that screen shot your lock screen wallpaper.

Here are detailed steps:

• Open the Notes app or the Pages (word processor) app and create a new note or document.
  • Write whatever you want displayed
  • When it looks the way you want it take a screen shot by pressing and releasing either VOLUME button and the SIDE button at the same time. Make these quick presses; if you hold them it will shut down your phone
  • Go to Settings/Wallpaper
  • Tap Choose New Wallpaper
  • The top entry below the defaults should be your screen shot; tap on it, then choose Lock screen and tap Set.

Your message will be the lock screen image that you just created.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 7:38 AM in response to iphoneuser49

There are a couple of considerations; you can have a contact message on the lock screen all the time, or you can post a message to the lock screen remotely if the phone is ever lost or stolen. For how to do that this is a good article to read→If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you want a message on the lock screen all the time you first create your message, take a screen shot of it, then make that screen shot your lock screen wallpaper.

Here are detailed steps:

• Open the Notes app or the Pages (word processor) app and create a new note or document.
  • Write whatever you want displayed
  • When it looks the way you want it take a screen shot by pressing and releasing either VOLUME button and the SIDE button at the same time. Make these quick presses; if you hold them it will shut down your phone
  • Go to Settings/Wallpaper
  • Tap Choose New Wallpaper
  • The top entry below the defaults should be your screen shot; tap on it, then choose Lock screen and tap Set.

Your message will be the lock screen image that you just created.

I want to put a contact message on the lock screen but I believe that is not possible. a user advised to put the message on a screensaver but I can find no facility for a screen saver. Help, please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.