Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud doesn't work on my new MacStudio, causes Finder to hang.

Just migrated from a 2018 iMac to a Mac studio. Finder just hangs, completely unusable. Only works if I turn off iCloud Drive. iCloud and Finder still work fine on the old iMac. If I relaunch Finder it continues to hang, and the only option is a hard reboot. Other apps on the Mac Studio are fine provided the data is not kept on iCloud, but if they are that app hangs as well. Help please. MacOS 12.3.1.

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 9:50 AM

Hey rosep2000,

Since this started right after migrating from your old Mac, let's erase and reinstall macOS on the new Mac: How to reinstall macOS

Set up your new Mac without migrating your data and see if you get the same behavior with the Finder. If so, let us know. If everything works fine, go ahead and try migrating your data again: Transfer your data to your new Mac Studio

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 9:50 AM in response to rosep2000

Hey rosep2000,

Since this started right after migrating from your old Mac, let's erase and reinstall macOS on the new Mac: How to reinstall macOS

Set up your new Mac without migrating your data and see if you get the same behavior with the Finder. If so, let us know. If everything works fine, go ahead and try migrating your data again: Transfer your data to your new Mac Studio

Take care.

iCloud doesn't work on my new MacStudio, causes Finder to hang.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.