Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to Siri to respond to my requests with my name

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 8:38 PM

If you find something is missing on iOS devices, you may provide --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple < here.

Select the appropriate feedback option 

Product Feedback

Website Feedback

Developer Feedback

7 replies

May 9, 2022 9:36 AM in response to SravanKrA

When we say, “Hey, Siri,” she rudely replies, “Mmhmm.” We want her to say, “Yes, (our chosen name.”

If my personal assistant replied with “Mmhmm,” I would give her a warning. If she persisted, I’d fire her. Seems like this would be a simple thing for Apple to correct. Do most people in the world really like their iPhone saying this? Did they ask?

i’ve written to Apple support and guess they truly believe the informal response is best. A NAME makes it personal.

May 9, 2022 3:46 PM in response to deggie

I’m glad your Siri listens to you all of the time and that you can just ask your question. My iPhone 12 doesn’t always allow that. If my phone is connected to my car, there’s also a bit of a hesitation. Sometimes just asking a question works. Other times it’s better to say “hey, Siri” or “Siri” and have the program respond.

The difference here, is that I’m a human, and Siri is an application on a phone. Since I am the human, and I would like to be addressed with my name and not “mmmhmmm,” I certainly have the right to feel the way I do and have the right to discuss it with the Apple community reaching out to figure out how to make that happen.

Since you are not an Apple support employee and your answer has absolutely nothing to do with helping me, I am, also, glad that you don’t work for me. If you have the answer on how to make that change, please reply. If you don’t, have a heart: Please don’t reply. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.