Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an apple watch that is wanting to pair with an apple id that i could not remember with a phone that was broken. I had to create a new id because we were unable to recover it. What do I need to do to reset my watch so I am able to use it again?

I have attempted to erase all content and settings and every time I try to pair it wants me to sign in to the old apple id which I couldn't remember and couldn't be recovered

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 1:21 AM

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 1:21 AM in response to tlcampus-3991

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

I have an apple watch that is wanting to pair with an apple id that i could not remember with a phone that was broken. I had to create a new id because we were unable to recover it. What do I need to do to reset my watch so I am able to use it again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.