Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Deleting Old Gmail Account from iCloud

An old gmail account of mine got hacked a few months ago. I deleted (removed) the account from my Macbook Pro Mail account, from my iPhone, and from Google. My final step was deleting it from System Settings iCloud. But every time I select the Minus button (-) on my iCloud account it reappears within five to ten seconds. Is there any way to fix this old gmail account from reappearing in my iCloud system settings?

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 8:16 PM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2022 8:42 PM in response to ovelky

ovelky Said:

"Trouble Deleting Old Gmail Account from iCloud: Is there any way to fix this old gmail account from reappearing in my iCloud system settings?"

-------

Troubleshooting eMail Accounts:

Three Things to Do:

A. Use a Computer:

I see that the device pertaining to your post is an iPhone. So, perform these modifications using a computer, as it would be more user friendly doing so.

B. Login as an Administrator.

Try logging in as the administrator, for this.

C. Remove this from Internet Accounts:

Perform the following on a Mac that is associated to the same Apple ID as this one.

On your Mac:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Select: Internet Accounts
  3. Select: the account (far-left)
  4. Click: the [–] button below the account.

Apr 10, 2022 9:04 AM in response to TheLittles

That method worked this morning. It is strange that I tried that method about a dozen times yesterday (the day I actually removed the old account) but it didn't work, each time reintroducing the old account within five to ten seconds. So I posted this question here last night. Then this morning, I got this response (the same method that caused the problem yesterday) but surprisingly, this morning, for some strange reason, it worked! Oh well, problem solved anyway. Thanks, TheLittles!

Trouble Deleting Old Gmail Account from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.