Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Five new games arriving soon on Apple Arcade. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bloons td6 not on Mac

Hello,

We have a Apple One family subscription which includes Arcade.

We don't use Arcade much but now my son play Bloons TD6+ there on his iPad, which is a really good game.

Now I wanted to install it on my new M1 Macbook Pro and surprisingly it is not available on my Arcade on the Macbook or as an iPad game.

The only way to play it now on the Mac seems to be to buy it over Steam and play it there.

This is quite disappointing, why is it like this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 2:27 AM

7 replies

Apr 10, 2022 6:01 AM in response to turingtest2

There is an Mac Version available, that is the thing, it is available via Steam or alternatively the game could be also played as an iPad game on a M1 Mac.

But both are not available for Arcade subscribers or have to be bought again.

And even someone buys the Steam Version for Mac, it will be most probably not compatible with the games of the Arcade iPad Version.

I also find it very poor, that many iPad Apps are not available on M1 Macs, even they are perfectly able to run on it.

And I think that Apple is full control, what they put on their platforms.

Apr 10, 2022 6:31 AM in response to Dirk Bunge

Apple can invite developers to release games under the Apple Arcade umbrella, which has no ads or in-app purchases. Presumably developers receive a small cut of the subscription fees. Apple clearly don't require the developer to make an Apple Arcade release for Mac, or allow the iPad version to load on M1 hardware, or you would be able to find it. It would be down to the developer to port the code and make any adjustments necessary to run on different hardware, not Apple. Reach out to the developer at https://ninjakiwi.com/ and ask them to take the extra effort.

tt2

Apr 10, 2022 7:08 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the info, yes I am clear about how it works and what is the problem.

Apparently developers think iOS with iPhones and iPads are the much more popular and lucrative platform to release games and they don't care much about macOS.

BUT Apple should care and suggest/push developers to make these games also available for macOS, especially if it is the case like with Bloons TD6, that there is a macOS Version already and M1 Macs can run natively iOS Apps.

The new M1 Macs are superb gaming platforms, but the games need also to be brought there to show the potential,

Bloons td6 not on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.