Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get Siri to play from my library it always defaults to Apple Muisc

When trying to get Siri to play music from my phone it always tries to play from Apple Music then tells me I need a Wi-Fi connection, this happens when trying to play from my watch or iPhone, maybe one in 10 songs I can it it to play from my library.

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:12 AM

Greetings littleeddie133, 

You reviewed the article How to use Apple Music Voice. Can you confirm whether you are an Apple Music subscriber or an Apple Music Voice plan subscriber? They allow some different options, which is why we want to differentiate. 

You mentioned you’d like to play music from your iPhone and based on that it sounds like you mean music that is downloaded to your iPhone. If you specify that, ‘Hey Siri play downloaded music/song/artist’ does that have a different behavior? 

Is this a change you’ve noticed in the way Siri worked previously when attempting to play music?

Thanks. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 8:12 AM in response to littleeddie133

Greetings littleeddie133, 

You reviewed the article How to use Apple Music Voice. Can you confirm whether you are an Apple Music subscriber or an Apple Music Voice plan subscriber? They allow some different options, which is why we want to differentiate. 

You mentioned you’d like to play music from your iPhone and based on that it sounds like you mean music that is downloaded to your iPhone. If you specify that, ‘Hey Siri play downloaded music/song/artist’ does that have a different behavior? 

Is this a change you’ve noticed in the way Siri worked previously when attempting to play music?

Thanks. 

Cannot get Siri to play from my library it always defaults to Apple Muisc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.