Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi log shows airport entries but I have no airport

I replaced my Airport with a Netgear AP over a year ago. Just out of curiosity, I looked at my WiFi log file and I found lots of entries similar to these:

Sun Apr 10 09:39:23.311 Info: <airport[37773]> TRIMMED QUERY SCAN CACHE request received from pid 158 (locationd)

Sun Apr 10 09:39:23.312 Info: <airport[37773]> -[CWXPCSubsystem

Does this mean my MBP is still looking for a nonexistent AirPort? How can I stop this?

Walt

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:27 AM

I think it's just held over System labeling info from earlier OSX meanings where Wifi was called Airport.

I have no Airport, yet in Keychain Access the Wifi connection can be found by searching for Airport.

You can see other cases like iCal, though iCal doesn't exist since they changed the name to Calendar, & AddressBook which was changed to Contacts. :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 8:27 AM in response to walt_scrivens

I think it's just held over System labeling info from earlier OSX meanings where Wifi was called Airport.

I have no Airport, yet in Keychain Access the Wifi connection can be found by searching for Airport.

You can see other cases like iCal, though iCal doesn't exist since they changed the name to Calendar, & AddressBook which was changed to Contacts. :)

wifi log shows airport entries but I have no airport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.