You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iPod Classic play .aiff files?

I have a bunch of .aiff files I bought and downloaded from the Bandcamp website to my desktop mac. Some are 16 bit/44.1 Khz. and others are 24 bit/96 Khz.

The 16/44 files synced/transferred to my ipod Classic 160 Gb., but when I try to play them, the ipod simply goes directly to the next song on the playlist.

The 24/96 files didn't even sync/transfer to the iPod, and there was no dialogue box saying there was a problem.

No problem playing these files on my iphone and with bluetooth from iphone to earbuds.

Is there a problem with my iPod? Or is it the file format?

I had some problems with my iPod, and I had to reformat it, a process that required many redos, but I thought everything was working ok.

Thanks!

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 12:45 PM

I figured out a solution. Simply use the mac Music app convert all the .AIFF files to Apple Lossless using the File menu command, and now they work fine on my iPod. I was receiving a dialogue warning about the incompatible format, but only one warning for all the files.

Similar questions

1 reply

Will iPod Classic play .aiff files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.