Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open any of my files

When trying to open a file whether it be a pdf, jpeg, zip or trying to install a new font, I get this error

“INSERT FILE NAME” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash

(It says the actual file name, but that's the message I get for everything I try to open.)

The file is most certainly not damaged as I can install fonts by dragging in to FontBook and open files thru respective program.

a little history of when this started:

I recently got a new battery installed thru Apple and they also changed out my logic board so I had to reinstall everything. The file error started after the reinstall and happens to all files, new and pre-service.

I used Time Machine to reinstall all files.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Did you use migration assistant to do this? As with the new logic board, it's as if you are starting over with an new computer. You may need to erase the drive . Reinstall the operating system and then use Migration assistant to transfer your time machine backup.

2 replies

can't open any of my files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.