Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8062).

I have tried all the methods that have been mentioned on the forum and this is still not fixed. I think the issue is I use my Mac, but the work uses Google Drive to save our work documents. Google Drive is on my Mac and then uploads to the drive as I save. However, I am unable to move any items to trash (that is when I get the error codes). I have run clean ups, also checked that files is not locked. Can anyone help or make recommendations that I can try?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 7:22 AM

AFAIK, the Google Drive "folder" on your Mac actually shows the contents of the folder on the Google's servers. There are not stored locally. As such, when you attempt to delete a file from this folder, you would be doing so from this same Cloud-based server.

If you are not able to delete these files, it may be your company does not allow for deletions, OR there is something amiss with the Google folder itself. I believe you have two choices at this point: 1. Contact your company's IT folks for assistance, and/or 2. Contact Google Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 7:22 AM in response to TaniaTJ

AFAIK, the Google Drive "folder" on your Mac actually shows the contents of the folder on the Google's servers. There are not stored locally. As such, when you attempt to delete a file from this folder, you would be doing so from this same Cloud-based server.

If you are not able to delete these files, it may be your company does not allow for deletions, OR there is something amiss with the Google folder itself. I believe you have two choices at this point: 1. Contact your company's IT folks for assistance, and/or 2. Contact Google Support.

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8062).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.