Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable the music in the Photos app during a slideshow?

I've looked and it only gives two options: To listen to the smarmy music choices that Apple regards as "themes" or to use music from the Music library. How do I disable music altogether while the slideshow plays?

~Bro

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:23 AM

How are you creating the slideshow? You can remove the background music completely, as described by Tony, if you create a slideshow project (File > Create > Slideshow), but not, if you are viewing an instant slideshow by clicking the slideshow button, while viewing an album. Then you are stuck with background music and have to silence the Mac, while the slideshow is playing.

You need to go to the trouble to create a project to get all the controls.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Broman5

How are you creating the slideshow? You can remove the background music completely, as described by Tony, if you create a slideshow project (File > Create > Slideshow), but not, if you are viewing an instant slideshow by clicking the slideshow button, while viewing an album. Then you are stuck with background music and have to silence the Mac, while the slideshow is playing.

You need to go to the trouble to create a project to get all the controls.

How do I disable the music in the Photos app during a slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.