Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Defects in Screen of Macbook pro 2016-2017 with touchbar

After only 2 years of using, the screen of my Macbook pro 2016 appears to be defected with black horizontal lines showing up while using, then the whole screen collapses to black (no external force ever happens).

The problem gets worse and worse as time passes by, and now it occurs whenever I use my Mac for more than 2 hours.

The same problems occur with my friends’ Macbook 2016-2017, and many others owning the same version.

But Apple authorized services refused to accept this as their faults and asked us to pay heaps for replacing the screen, I think a good reconsideration should be done by Apple.

If no solution is given to this case, no one can assure the same problem will mot occur with newer version of Macbook, and our money would go to waste if it occurs.

Can anyone from Apple give an official response on this, please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:42 AM

These are the current service programs: Apple Service Programs - Apple Support

If your Mac is not on the list, and all warranties have run out, you are responsible for repair costs.

We are not Apple employees and have no greater contact ability with Apple than you do.

Similar questions

2 replies

Defects in Screen of Macbook pro 2016-2017 with touchbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.