📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd gen iPad MV1H2LL/A will not update, apps crash

I have a 3rd gen iPad that will not update 15.4.1. It verifies the download, gets half way through and tries to download again. Then it just sits there.

What I’ve tried:

-turning off cellular

-restarting device

-deleting the update and trying again.

Something else to note is that it is doing this with my apps as well. Many apps require frequent updates. They try and they fail and my only option is to close the app, delete it, and redownload it, which works for a short time. I’m thinking it has to do with the unpacking somehow?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:32 AM

Restore the iPad. Connect it to a computer with iTunes using a charging cable. Then open iTunes. Click the icon of the iPad and click restore in the options near the bottom of the device window (just above storage information). Give it some time to erase. All data on the iPad will be reset. Unfortunately there is no other option I know. Then go through the set up process.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2022 4:32 AM in response to rs09

Restore the iPad. Connect it to a computer with iTunes using a charging cable. Then open iTunes. Click the icon of the iPad and click restore in the options near the bottom of the device window (just above storage information). Give it some time to erase. All data on the iPad will be reset. Unfortunately there is no other option I know. Then go through the set up process.

3rd gen iPad MV1H2LL/A will not update, apps crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.