Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Peloton with Apple Music

This used to work by I’ve just noticed the two no longer sync. My Peloton says An error occurred with Apple Music. When I try to login in I enter username, password and two factor authentication and an Apple web page opens on the bike saying invalid session ID. This appears to be an Apple issue as opposed to a Peloton one.

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:38 AM

Peloton support solved this for me - a factory reset was required. I have posted their instructions below

Please follow the steps below to perform a FACTORY RESET:

1. Turn the touchscreen off by holding down the power button and selecting “Shut Down”.

2. Hold down the volume up button on the touchscreen and the power button at the same time.

3. The touchscreen will power on and the Peloton logo will appear after a couple of seconds.

4. A menu will appear to the left of the Peloton logo, with “Select Boot Mode” and the options “Recovery Mode” “Fastboot Mode” and “Normal Boot”.

5. Use the volume up to navigate and the volume down to select. Navigate using the up volume key to “Recovery” and use the down button to select it.

6. You will see a screen with text that says "No command." From this screen, hold the power button, tap the volume up button, then release the power button. This will allow access to the advanced system recovery menu.

7. Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe All User Data / Factory Reset” and use the power button to select it.

8. Confirm by selecting “Yes --Delete All User Data. Once the data has been wiped, select “Reboot System Now.”

The screen will reboot to the Peloton logo followed by the normal activation sequence.

These are all the steps that you need to fix this software issue. If the issue persists, please contact Apple support as the problem could be coming from Apple.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 10:38 AM in response to FezzHagg

Peloton support solved this for me - a factory reset was required. I have posted their instructions below

Please follow the steps below to perform a FACTORY RESET:

1. Turn the touchscreen off by holding down the power button and selecting “Shut Down”.

2. Hold down the volume up button on the touchscreen and the power button at the same time.

3. The touchscreen will power on and the Peloton logo will appear after a couple of seconds.

4. A menu will appear to the left of the Peloton logo, with “Select Boot Mode” and the options “Recovery Mode” “Fastboot Mode” and “Normal Boot”.

5. Use the volume up to navigate and the volume down to select. Navigate using the up volume key to “Recovery” and use the down button to select it.

6. You will see a screen with text that says "No command." From this screen, hold the power button, tap the volume up button, then release the power button. This will allow access to the advanced system recovery menu.

7. Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe All User Data / Factory Reset” and use the power button to select it.

8. Confirm by selecting “Yes --Delete All User Data. Once the data has been wiped, select “Reboot System Now.”

The screen will reboot to the Peloton logo followed by the normal activation sequence.

These are all the steps that you need to fix this software issue. If the issue persists, please contact Apple support as the problem could be coming from Apple.

Apr 13, 2022 10:20 AM in response to James Looker

I am having the same issue. I had it my Bike+ connected prior and have had to reconnect it once before. The last time I had to reconnect it, everything worked. Now when I try to reconnect I get "Sorry, could no complete request because, Invalid Session Id".

At that point (which looks like I'm on an apple web page) I can't go any further. I have tried to both soft and hard reboot the bike but get the same results.

Syncing Peloton with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.