Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard compatibility with MacBook pro, Retina, 13 inch, early 2015?

I see a few people have asked this seemingly straightforward question, but I see no clear answer.

The current Magic Keyboard does not list Macbook Pro, Retina, 13 inch, early 2015, as a compatible device.

(The Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad *does* list this as a compatible device. But I am not asking about that product.)

Is the Magic Keyboard, current generation, indeed incompatible with MacbookPro, Retina, 13, early 2015?

If so, which generation of Magic Keyboard must I source to use with this computer?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:50 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2022 8:57 AM in response to JDG_

Hello JDG_,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are looking at getting a Magic Keyboard to use with your MacBook Pro. Looking at these resources, the current version should still work with your MacBook Pro like any Bluetooth keyboard would, but certain keys, like the screen lock key, may not work as it would with newer Mac computers:

Magic Keyboard - US English - Apple

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac

Cheers!

Apr 12, 2022 9:26 AM in response to JDG_

Thanks for replying, JDG_, and that additional question. Based on the limited info available, we would have to surmise that your model year of MacBook Pro is not listed because it will not support all of the key functions as we mentioned before, but should still function as a Bluetooth keyboard for normal typing. Worst case scenario, there is a return window so if you do purchase and find that they keyboard doesn't work to your satisfaction, you can always return it.

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Magic Keyboard compatibility with MacBook pro, Retina, 13 inch, early 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.